1. Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
2. Demonstrate critical thinking and practice within the frame work of code of ethics and acceptable standards of community health policies.
3. Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
4. Communicate and participate effectively as members of the health team to promote interpersonal relationships and team work.
5. Present leadership and managerial skills in clinical and community health settings.
6. Assume the role of a teacher, supervisor, nurse manager and contribute to advancement of self and of the profession.
7. Engage in lifelong learning, conduct need based research and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of health care system.